Featured Design: Bloguin Network
What is so wonderful about being in the Web Business is that you never know what kind of project will come along, where they will come from and how it will take shape. One of those surprise projects came along in late 2010; creative and challenging with a good end result.
I was contacted by Ben Koo and Derek Hanson with the Bloguin Network, which is a network of sports blogs for bloggers with a proven history of being consistent and dedicated to their hobby, team or sport they write about. They needed to redesign their website and wanted me to do the look and feel as well as get the best performance possible out of the templates they would customize themselves. It was a joy to work with them as they had amazing patience and persevereance when new challenges arrived during the process.
Key Features of Project Includes:
- New Joomla! template created with multiple color variations possible for their bloggers
- Higher performance, speed and browser compatiblility for each website
- Greater flexiblity for placing commercial ads
- Creation of a Bloguin Network toolbar for every page and website the template was used on
- 2 new templates redesigned: The Bloguin main site and template for the network sites
I appreciate my work more than I have in years mainly because of projects like this and working with people like Ben and Derek. I welcome the diverse clientele that arrives regularly and look forward to who may arrive next!